Wednesday, November 14, 2007

ouch.

well, i think today was my first real experience with round ligament pain and muscle separation pain. it started this morning when i rolled over to derek's side of the bed to get a tissue. i never made it to the tissue box. holy cow, it felt like someone had knifed me in the belly.

then i had similar (but less severe) pains most of the day today. nothing too serious, just on and off.

i can definitely feel things stretching when i extend my body, like when lying on my back or doing the morning stretch routine. the spaces in my abdomen are filling up fast, and my whole belly is starting to extend to accommodate. the real clue that i'm growing a baby in me is that when i lie on my back, my belly is still rounded. even my chubby non-pregnant belly never rounded over when i was on my back.

so i'm still about 3-4 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight. every few days i weigh myself on the scale and give derek a frown when i haven't gained anything yet. he pouts with me and assures me that i'll be able to gain that weight! what a bizarre conversation!

well, derek needs his computer back, so here ends this blog post.

1 comment:

Dana said...

I was the same way, a few pounds under my starting weight and then BAM! It all started and hasn't stopped. :) I am only up 6 pounds at 19 weeks but I have gained 8 pounds in the past month! Now I am praying for it to slow down some! I was exactly the same way with Audrey, no weight gain until 15 weeks and I ended up gaining 35 total. Some people just pack it on at the end!

I am sorry about the round ligament pain, it stinks. I don't have it quite as bad with this one, but once in awhile its like someone stuck a knife in me! Hope it gets better for you. :)