so just like the weekend before, we had about a 16-hour episode of contractions that intensified in the last couple hours and then completely fizzled out.
derek says my uterus has commitment issues. i think it's just fickle and indecisive. so we certainly had some excitement, but here it is monday morning and it seems we're no closer than before saturday. it's frustrating and discouraging, but it certainly makes us that more anxious to meet our little girl.
thinking about it, i guess i'm kind of surprised the dr. didn't suggest i reschedule my next appointment for later in the week, but oh well. i don't expect there to have been any progress since saturday, but we shall see.
this stopping and starting pattern is starting to make me nervous about going late and not being able to birth in family beginnings...i guess we'll take it a day at a time and figure out what we need to do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Yuck, sorry about all the contractions since they aren't accomplishing anything! So you are still at 1 cm then with all that going on? I hope you don't have to get too many internals though...I had one and only one and swore not to get another one for as long as I live!
My uterus wasn't just fickle, it was iron clad and wasn't letting either of my kiddos out of there voluntarily! :)
Good luck sweetie, I hope you go into labor ASAP and it goes well for you!!
How long is too long for the birthing center? I really hope you don't have to go through too many false starts and then not be able to birth where you want! I only had regular contractions on the day the little man was born.
At this point, I'll give you a raincheck for Ikea... how about sometime, late summer? ;)
as for the birthing center, i can go there anytime up to 42 weeks...after that, i have to be in regular l&d...
kate, yeah, i hate to admit it, but ikea will have to be a late summer thing...besides, by then, i'll be able to cruise around without having to sit down every half hour because my left foot is about to explode :)
dana, i've found (through unfortunate experience) that internals don't have to hurt like hell. it's apparently all about who does the exam. i won't go into the details, but i just don't think women (most women, anyway) are built to give them.
You're getting so close, and I'm getting so excited! :)
correction to my previous comment.... women are NOT built to give them. definitely NOT.
That's what you said in your previous comment, Megan... no need to correct yourself. ;)
Post a Comment