Monday, May 19, 2008

finally.

ok.

so even though the contractions quit on me sometime early this morning, they apparently did some good work. i measured 2-3 cm this afternoon. yay!

we had decided to ask the dr. to induce tuesday or wednesday...then found out he is on call tuesday, but not wednesday. so tuesday it would be.

after he measured me, we told him tuesday and he said "ok, i'll call family beginnings and we'll set you up for 8 tomorrow morning and i'll break your water"... !!! we had completely let go of the possibility of family beginnings because we were positive nothing would happen and we would have to use pitocin to induce. so we are THRILLED to have the chance.

the dr. will give us about 8 hours after breaking my water for progressive labor to set in. if not, then we will have to switch to regular l&d and have some pitocin. we are FINE with that, because it is far more of a chance than we expected. so hopefully, it will be enough to get things going and get this little girl out!

in any case, we should have her in our arms sometime tomorrow, or worst case, early wed morning.

we will post after the smoke clears to let everyone know her name and stats (aren't you all DYING to know her name???? )...we'll also post visiting information for locals who are interested.

your prayers are appreciated...and here's hoping we get some decent sleep tonight. :)

2 comments:

am said...

Exciting!!!! You are in my prayers. I'll be praying for a smooth process for you and baby and derek too! Yeah!!!

Anonymous said...

Yaaay! Good luck! I'm bummed that I won't be able to get to the blog tomorrow. I hope things are moving along well, because I would not envy you for the pitocin.

Hope to see you three soon! :)